Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Admitted to the hospital

This morning the abdominal pain woke me up and was almost unbearable. I couldn't get comfortable all night and was up most of the night. I wasn't hurting all night, just couldn't get comfortable. I finally fell asleep around 7 or 8 this morning and was woken up by the pain around 9:30. It was lower, and was more intense than it's been so we thought that the kidney stone was probably moving. My parents helped me get downstairs and we went to the same ER we went to last week. It was even the same doctor! I had blood work, a CT scan, and two ultrasounds and we still don't know the cause of the pain. No kidney stones are showing up. After all the tests and getting me more comfortable, I was sent home this afternoon. I was only home for a couple hours before the pain got worse again.

The ER doctor had talked about admitting me if we couldn't get the pain under control, but I had decided that I wanted to go home and manage the pain from there. But after being home for a couple of hours, I wanted to go back to the hospital. Thankfully the same doctor was there and got me admitted really fast.

So I'm admitted for pain control and hopefully more tests to figure out he cause of the pain. The ER doctor wants me to see a GI doctor so hopefully I can see him while I'm in the hospital. The rooms at this hospital are nicer than some hotel rooms! This hospital was built not even a year ago so it's still very new and beautiful.

Please pray for us to find the cause of the pain and for the pain to get under control. I'm thankful for a great ER doctor and nurses. I'm thankful that I'm able to be more comfortable with the pain medicine. I'm thankful that I have such a great support system who storms Heaven's gates in prayer for me. Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment