Thursday, September 8, 2011

Surgery

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I've been a little out of it. We made the decision and I'm having another abdominal surgery. We had 3 choices and surgery is the best. My doctor/surgeon completely agrees. The only reason we had other choices was because I'm in school and he didn't want surgery to mess that up. But I'm missing classes because I hurt too much, so surgery would be the fastest thing to do. I had my pre-op appointment this morning, and everything is ready to go.

The surgery is Monday, September 19th (a week from Monday). I have to be there at 5:30am so I will be the first surgery of the day. It's an exploratory laparoscopy surgery, but my surgeon is pretty sure he knows what the problem is. I am also on the cancelation list, so if someone has to cancel their surgery, I will get their slot and have it sooner.

The surgery is the same as the one I had in December. I'm really ready to have it and get some pain relief. Until then, I'm trying to go to my classes and do all my homework. It's a little hard because of the pain medicine I'm on, but I'm doing okay.

This will be my 3rd abdominal surgery in a year. I'm going for a record! Just kidding.

I hope you all are having a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Once again, your attitude blows me away. I love that you can joke about it and then end the post wishing us all a great day. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7. I just said a prayer for you, and I will continue to pray for your surgery! I'm actually going to be in the hospital on Monday for some procedures, too! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete