Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Encouraging and comforting music

Since I got sick, music has been very encouraging and comforting to me. I can always listen to it no matter how sick or well I am. The nights when I don't sleep well, I turn on my music and just lay there and listen to it. The past couple of months, music has been what has comforted me the most. Reading has been difficult because of medicines, my memory, and various things, so I just listen to music. God has really used it to speak to me and comfort me. 

Here's the playlist I made when things started getting tough a couple months ago. I've added a few songs that have been comforting to me since Rebecca went to be with Jesus. I've posted a couple lines of lyrics from each song. 

-It Is Well by Todd Fields
     This is the old hymn, but there's a part added that says, "it is well, it is well, through the storm, I am held, it is well, it is well with my soul"

-It Is Well by Aaron Keyes
     Just the normal hymn. I love it.

-God Gave Me You by Dave Barnes
     "God gave me you for the ups and downs, God gave me you for the days of doubt, for when I think I’ve lost my way, there are no words here left to say, it’s true, God gave me you."

-Live Like That by Sidewalk Prophets
     "Sometimes I think, what will people say of me when I'm only just a memory, when I'm home where my soul belongs, I want to live like that, and give it all I have, so that everything I say and do points to You"

-He Said by Group 1 Crew
     "I won't give you more, more than you can take, and I might let you bend, but I won't let you break, and know, I'll never, ever let you go"

-Long Way Home by Steven Curtis Chapman
     "But I had no way of knowing, just how hard this journey could be, cause the valleys are deeper and the mountains are steeper than I ever would of dreamed, but I know we’re gonna make it and I know we’re gonna get there soon, and I know some times it seems like we're going the wrong way, but it's just a long way home"

-10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) by Matt Redman
     "The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning, it's time to sing Your song again, whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes, bless the Lord, O my soul, o my soul, worship His holy name, sing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy name"

-Homesick by Mercy Me
     "You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times, and at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you, but the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry, is how long must I wait to be with you? In Christ, there are no goodbye and in Christ, there is no end, so I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have to see you again"

-Save A Place For Me by Matthew West
     "I have asked the question why, but I guess the answer’s for another time, so instead I’ll pray with every tear and be thankful for the time I had you here, I wanna live my life just like you did, make the most of my time, just like you did, and I wanna make my home up in the sky just like you did, oh, but until I get there, until I get there, save a place for me"

-I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin
     "Jesus has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed, the victory is won, He is risen from the dead, and I will rise when He calls my name, no more sorrow, no more pain, I will rise on eagles' wings before my God, fall on my knees, and rise, I will rise"

-With Hope by Steven Curtis Chapman
     "We can cry with hope, we can say goodbye with hope, cause we know our goodbye is not the end, and we can grieve with hope, cause we believe with hope, there's a place by God's grace, there's a place where we'll see your face again"

-Our God by Chris Tomlin (We sang these last three songs at Rebecca's funeral)
     "Water you turned into wine, opened the eyes of the blind there's no one like you none like You! Into the darkness you shine, out of the ashes we rise, there's no one like you, none like You! Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God you are higher than any other. Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power, Our God! Our God!"

-Mighty To Save by Laura Story 
     "Savior, He can move the mountains, my God is Mighty to save, He is Mighty to save, forever author of salvation, He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave"

-There's A Stirring by Caedmon's Call
     "There's a stirring deep within me, could it be my time has come, when I'll see my gracious Savior face to face when all is done, is that his voice i am hearing? come away my precious one, is He calling me? Is he calling me? I will rise up, rise up, and bow down, and lay my crown at His wounded feet"


I hope you these songs encourage you too! What are some of your favorite songs right now?

1 comment:

  1. I also really like these one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_yW567Y2uw

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yHbb1HP78k and also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUsSc8EoCKM (and pretty much the whole album, which I think was available for free on NoiseTrade)

    ReplyDelete