Tuesday, September 23, 2014

3rd PICC line

Today I'm getting my 3rd PICC line. My veins have been used so much so they can't get an IV which is why I need the PICC line. I had a port for 4 years, my first PICC for 8 months, and my second PICC for a couple of months. I'm tired of being poked so many times to get an IV so I'm glad I'm getting a PICC line, but of course I wish I didn't need one but we don't have a choice since I have no IV access. 

 The procedure to put the PICC line in is at 1:30pm Nevada time which is 3:30pm Oklahoma time. They are going to try and sedate me a little so that I don't have seizures during the procedure. 

The PICC line goes from the arm, all the way to the heart into a bigger vein like this picture shows. The procedure isn't painful, they numb you first and then use an xray and ultrasound machine to guide the line into the heart. It's just a weird feeling to feel it go through your veins as they get it in place! 

I will update later today with how the procedure went! Thank you so much for all the prayers! God is good! 

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you." -Isaiah 43:2

No comments:

Post a Comment