Friday, October 31, 2014

Glorious Unfolding

I'm so excited to be posting again! I went back and read my blog from the beginning. I wanted to see the big picture instead of just focusing on the now. I think part of the reason I haven't posted much the last year or so is because I've been consumed with the now and I get discouraged easily. When you only focus on what is going on right then, it's really easy to lose sight of the big picture. In 2 Corinthians it says that we're not supposed to fix our eyes only on what is seen. 

"So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." 2 Corinthians 4:18

The troubles we face now will be gone one day! 

Going back and reading my blog from the beginning has put things into perspective for me. God has always been there. He's never once left me. He's carried me when I've been to weak to walk on my own and He's been there for my best moments. 

I've seen how I made it through the hardest days. I made it through that and am stronger because of that!  I've seen how there is purpose in the pain. I've seen how you really do grow closer to God during your moments of weakness. God can use anything for good, just like it says in Romans 8:28

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

It's incredible to see how God has never left me...I wouldn't have been able to get through what I've been through without Him. He is my hope, my peace, my joy, and why I get up in the morning. 

It's really easy to get discouraged when all we can see is what's right in front of us. It's easy to think that we can't make it through whatever is going on. But God has something bigger planned for us that what we can see. That's where our faith comes in. It's during those times when we have to trust God the most. 

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1

I love this song because it talks about the glorious unfolding of God's plan for our lives. Our story doesn't end when bad things are happening to us. Our story doesn't end with death. Death doesn't win. God already won when He sent Jesus to die on the cross for us. Then Jesus rose from the dead so that we could spend eternity in Heaven! God won, not death, and not this world either! 

Here are the lyrics to the song Glorious Unfoldinf by Steven Curtis Chapman 

"Lay your head down tonight
Take a rest from the fight
Don’t try to figure it out
Just listen to what I’m whispering to your heart
‘Cause I know this is not
Anything like you thought
The story of your life was gonna be
And it feels like the end has started closing in on you
But it’s just not true
There’s so much of the story that’s still yet to unfold

And this is going to be a glorious unfolding
Just you wait and see and you will be amazed
You’ve just got to believe the story is so far from over
So hold on to every promise God has made to us
And watch this glorious unfolding

God’s plan from the start
For this world and your heart
Has been to show His glory and His grace
Forever revealing the depth and the beauty of
His unfailing Love
And the story has only begun

And this is going to be a glorious unfolding
Just you wait and see and you will be amazed
We’ve just got to believe the story is so far from over
So hold on to every promise God has made to us
And watch this glorious unfolding

We were made to run through fields of forever
Singing songs to our Savior and King
So let us remember this life we’re living
Is just the beginning of the beginning

Of this glorious unfolding
We will watch and see and we will be amazed
If we just keep on believing the story is so far from over
And hold on to every promise God has made to us
We’ll see the glorious unfolding

Just watch and see (unfolding)
This is just the beginning of the beginning (unfolding)"


God has great plans for us...we just have to trust in His plan and hold on to His promises! 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

 

No comments:

Post a Comment