Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Lots of Emotions and Memories

Wow, it has been a while! Things have been crazy! This is a post about a few things that have been happening recently with our family, and I'm almost done with a post about what's been going on with my heart. So much has happened the past few weeks.

2 weeks ago, we lost a very important member of our family. Our dog Tucker died from heart problems. He had been on medicine for his heart for a while, and it just progressed faster than we thought it would. It was kind of a shock. He died sometime between 3 and 6am and my dad found him in his favorite spot, at the bottom of our stairs which lead up to my brother and I's bedrooms and it's right outside my parent's bedroom door. He was 10 and we didn't think we would lose him so soon. Our other dog, Charli, has been so upset since Tucker died. She is 4 and when he died she kept barking at him and putting her paw on him to try and get him to wake up. She really misses him, as do we all.

Tucker is on the left, Charli on the right

This was taken just a few days before Tucker died. He was enjoying being outside.


 We had Tucker's mom before he was born and then she had 2 puppies and we kept Tucker so we've had him since birth. Tucker has been with me through my illness since I've been suck at home a lot and he was there even before I got sick. We miss him!!! Our other dog, Charli, is so different since Tucker died. She misses him! 


Last Wednesday, May 13th, was my mom's birthday! I wouldn't be where I am today without her! She does so much for everyone and I'm thankful God chose me to be her daughter.


That day was bittersweet. We celebrated my mom's birth which has blessed us all, and we also remembered that a year ago on her birthday, God called my grandpa, Elmo (her dad), Home to Heaven. He had taken me by the hand my whole life, leading me in the direction I should go, and I had the privilege of holding his hand as the Angels led him to his Eternal Home in the presence of our Great God, where we will see he and my grandma and my aunt Shari again someday. We miss he and my grandma so much! 

This was at Christmas several years ago. I love this picture.

As my grandpa got closer to Heaven, we had worship music playing, which if you knew him you know that was his favorite. We all sat with him and talked to him and held his hand.  I remember staying up all night with him the night before he died and I was just imagining what was going on in Heaven as they got ready for his arrival. "I can only imagine". 

I was holding his hand like this when he took his last breath and met our Savior face to face. 


On February 15th of this year, it was the 2 year anniversary of my grandma going to Heaven. Her birthday was also just a few days ago. She would have been 85. 

I was also holding my grandma's hand as she took her last breath and was then in the presence of God. 

We miss them so much and can't wait until the day when we're all together in Heaven!

A year ago today we celebrated the life of my incredible grandpa, Elmo, and also mourned his death with family and friends as we said "See you in a little while..."

I kept this beautiful rose from my grandpa's casket flowers and also have a rose from my grandma's flowers and my best friend's. I've dried them all and cherish them. 


This song means so much to me. We played it at my grandpa's funeral during the slideshow. I love it and especially love the first part of the song where it talks about holding their hand as they get closer to Heaven, because that is what I did for my grandma, grandpa, and best friend who died 3 years ago from cancer. The song is called SEE You in a Little While by Steven Curtis Chapman. It's a beautiful song.

"I hold your hand and watch as the sun slowly fades
Far in the distance the Father is calling your name
And it’s time for you to go Home
And everything in me wants to hold on
But I’m letting you go with this goodbye kiss and this promise

I’ll see you in a little while
I’ll see you in a little while
It won’t be too long now
We’ll see it on the other side
The wait was only the blink of an eye
So I’m not gonna say goodbye
‘Cause I’ll see you in a little while

And just one more thing before I let you go
Please tell my little girl I love her
Though I’m sure she already knows
And ask the Father to please tell the Son
That we’re ready and waiting for Him to come

I’ll see you in a little while
I’ll see you in a little while
It won’t be too long now
We’ll see it on the other side
The wait was only the blink of an eye
So I’m not gonna say goodbye
‘Cause I’ll see you in a little while

Maybe you’ll teach me all the songs they sing in heaven
Maybe you’ll show me how you can fly
And I’ll hear you laugh again
And we won’t remember when
We were not together and this time it’s forever


I’ll see you in a little while
I’ll see you in a little while
It won’t be too long now
We’ll see it on the other side
The wait was only the blink of an eye
So I’m not gonna say goodbye
‘Cause I’ll see you in a little while
I’m gonna see you in a little while"


For my mom's birthday and Mother's day, my dad got her lots of flowers. He got her 4 different orchids which were my grandma's favorite flowers! They are all so beautiful. 

Look at these incredible orchids! 





This is a plant that my grandparents would give my parents for their anniversary, so my dad got my mom one in memory of them. 

These are so beautiful too! They're just outside around our house. 







I'm so thankful for the sweet memories and pictures that help comfort us in difficult times! God carries us through these times and gives us strength and peace! 

"The LORD gives strength to His people; the LORD blesses His people with peace." 
-Psalm 29:11-

No comments:

Post a Comment