Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Waiting...

"I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God." Psalm 38:15
Well not much has been going on. I have been put on a few new sleep medicines, but none are helping. Last week I had a scary reaction to one. All day Thursday I was hurting really bad and just felt really weird. I went ahead and took the sleeping medicine early that night. An hour after I took it I got so confused and out of it and couldn't walk. I couldn't explain how I felt and just cried. I didn't know what was going on. I finally went to bed around 4:30 the next morning...my days seem so long since I'm up all night. Nothing knocks me out. Every medicine I'm on is suppose to make me tired, but it doesn't. The doctors warn my parents to watch me because I should be passed out from all the medicines. But I still can't sleep. It's very frustrating.
We are waiting on a referral for a sleep study in Children's Hospital. I'll spend the night in the hospital and they'll hook up to 19 wires all over my body and monitor my sleep, or lack of. I'm so ready to start sleeping again. It is completely wearing me out. We are also waiting on a referral to a pain management doctor at Children's Hospital. That will probably take a few months though.
These are some of my medicines and my IV pole (whose name is Squirt). How boring would it be if I didn't name my IV pole?

Syringes and needles for all my shots


These are the flushes for my PICC line


Dressing changes and tubing for my PICC line

Some more supplies

These are some of my oral medicines and formulas that I mix into water

I would like to know some of your favorite verses or quotes! So please leave a comment and let me know! I hope your having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. We saw the picture of your car. Neat. WE are praying for you to find something that will help you. (Kyle Ashpole's grandparents) Doyle and Geralyn Beverly

    ReplyDelete