Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lyme Disease Hearing

I have had a pretty good week! Last Thursday I started volunteering at the Lighthouse Medical Clinic. It's a clinic started by our church to help with inner-city families who might not receive health care. I am doing the filing for the clinic once a week for a few hours. It is a great ministry! I am really enjoying helping out there!
I've been able to get out of the house a lot lately which has been so great. I am feeling better and it's nice to be able to do some normal things in between all the shots and IVs. I'm still dealing with pain and fatigue, but I've been able to handle it for the most part. The big problem right now is me not being able to sleep. I'm up until 3 every night and some nights six. Sunday I went to church after only 2 hours of sleep. It was a rough day for me, but I'm glad I went. It's very frustrating and tiring not sleeping. Those infomercials that are on all night every night are getting really annoying... I mean seriously, who is going to buy a nose hair trimmer after watching a whole hour about it at 3 in the morning...not me! They were interesting at first, but every single night is a little too much for me!
Today there is a big Historic Hearing for Lyme Disease in Washington D.C. There are finally enough good doctors who are angry at all the doctors who don't think Lyme exsists in some states and who don't treat it properly. The hearing is to discuss treatment and how Lyme should be handled. We have been to so many doctors here that don't think Lyme exsists in Oklahoma and they aren't even open to talking about it. Most of the doctors we have called won't even take me because I have Lyme. It really is a huge political battle. Maybe this hearing will change their minds...something needs to happen.


"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body." 2 Corinthians 4:8-10

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment