Monday, December 14, 2009

I've gone to every hospital today.

I went to the sleep doctor last week and he decided to take me off the Neuronton because of my side effects. So I'm not taking that anymore. I started back on the Amitriptyline to help with sleep.
I got to do a lot over the weekend! It was so great!!
I have started going to Guthrie everyday to do an infared sauna to help with detox. I know it sounds relaxing but I really don't like it. I feel like I'm suffocating in the sauna...
So today I went to Guthrie then I went to Children's hospital. Every week I go there to a psychologist team who helps kids and teen in chronic pain deal with coping and try to control what we can control. They know about the reality of dealing with dailey chronic sickness in children and teens. Today was only my second time but they are really nice!
When I got home we called the hospital and they said to come on out for the blood cultures. No one told us when to come so we had to call ourselves. Around 4 we headed out to Mercy hospital. First I checked in at Admitting. Ok, hold on. The admitting nurse first asked for my name and date of birth. Then I'm guessing she put that in the computer but it took about 15 minutes. I mean, really? What do they really do when they check you in? Check emails? Secretly Facebook chat with the other nurses about their crazy patients? Who knows, but it takes way too long.
For a blood culture they have to take blood out of both arms because they are looking for an infection in the blood. They watch the cultures for about 48 hours and see if anything grows. The nurse actually found my veins! Hopefully they will actually call us with the results!
After having the blood cultures the nurse at the lab sent us to radiology to have an Echo (echocardiogram) of my heart. Well there was SO much confusion and I wasn't on the schedule. They tried to fit me in but the test takes about an hour so they didn't have time for me. It was a long process. I'm finally home!
I got to go to Guthrie, Children's hospital, and Mercy hospital today! It was a crazy day!

"....And I'm going to keep that celebration going because I know how it's going to turn out. Through your faithful prayers and the generous response of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, everything He wants to do in and through me will be done. I can hardly wait to continue on my course...." Philippians 1:18-21 (the Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment