Friday, August 19, 2011

Less crazier week

I had this nice post all typed out and ready to post on Tuesday...then I went to the ER again. So here is the original post.

"My week has gotten a little less busy. I went to see my primary care doctor today (Tuesday) and she said that I shouldn't do physical therapy until we figure out a plan for the cyst and it feels better. So no physical therapy this week. We finally had the doctor look at a rash that I've had since I was on antibiotics for the sinus infection a while back. It's a fungal infection...how lovely! She gave me stuff for it and said it should clear up in 3 weeks. I will be glad when it's gone because it's everywhere!

Now I just have a doctors appointment for the cyst on Thursday. And of course getting everything ready to move to the dorms on Saturday! 

I'm feeling as good as to be expected for a cyst. Thankfully the medicine is helping the pain and letting me get a little done at a time. I'll update after my appointment on Thursday!"

That was what I planned to post on Tuesday. Then I was sitting on the couch on Tuesday night and the pain from the cyst got so much worse and it felt like it was rupturing. We went to the ER again and the CT scan didn't show a cyst, so that means it ruptured. I had a reaction to one of the pain medicines they gave me so they gave me IV Benedryll and that helped a lot. Once everything was under control I was sent home.

I went to the doctor yesterday (Thursday) to talk about more options in controlling the cysts. We were there a long time trying to figure out what to do. We are changing some medicines around, and the doctors really think it will help. I started the medicine last night, so it should take a few weeks to completely get in my system.

I move into the dorms tomorrow!! We've been trying to get everything ready this week, but the 2 ER trips and doctors appointments have slowed us down a little. I'll post pictures of my room and everything sometime this weekend!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Hope the move goes smoothly, can't wait to hear an update once you're settled in!!!

    ReplyDelete