Thursday, January 19, 2012

Detoxing Foot Baths

Warning- If you have a weak stomach, don't look at these pictures!

Before the treatment


After


That is what came out of my body! The pores on the bottom of your feet are the biggest in the body, so it's great to detox from.

The treatment consists of a tub, salt water, and a machine thing. The black machine attached to the cord does something with the ions in the water (I'm not exactly sure how to explain it) Through osmosis, the ions go into the body, binding to toxins, and then drawing them out through the feet into the water. The different colors that come out show where the toxins came from. Last week (which is when the pictures were taken), toxins from my joints and liver came out. I think the orange is from joints and the darker color is liver. The stuff on top is yeast. Each time you do it, toxins from different places will come out. Today a lot from my liver came out.

I get a massage first to encourage the lymph system to start working again. Right now it's pretty painful still. After the massage I go get a foot bath. I'm doing this twice a week, and then do IV fluids at home the days I don't do those treatments. I haven't been doing a lot lately. The treatments wipe me out. I love getting to see people at the clinic here! I hadn't gone there for about 2 or 3 years, but now it seems like I never left. Today these two ladies and I were having a party during our foot baths! We even got free drinks! Aka electrolytes. The foot baths can make you dehydrated, so you have to really work on drinking a lot of water.

Today I just realized that there is a machine in the water that is plugged in...how do we not get electrocuted?? Interesting thought. Good thing that's never happened!




4 comments:

  1. That is an awesome foot bath! I kinda want one. It doesn't hurt does it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so fascinating! Haha Alyssa totally echoed what I was going to write - "I kinda want to try it. Does it hurt?"

    Technology = amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love foot baths. They really helped with my allergies. I should start going again. Do you feel lighter after them? I always did. Are they helping?

    be blessed
    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Warning- If you have a weak stomach, don't look at these pictures!”--- I remember the first time I tried this detox foot bath. Haha! Well, yeah, at first you will feel horrible seeing all the toxins manifest as the color you see on the tub. However, once you discover the implication of the color, you will really be amazed as you are able to determine which part of the body is being detoxified. It’s really awesome!

    ReplyDelete