Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a new year! There have been many blessings in 2011, but there have been many trials and a lot of suffering. Here are the best and worst things from each month in 2011.

January
  • Best- Going to Winterfest in Dallas with my youth group for a weekend
  • Worst- Several ER trips with more cysts
February
  • Best- Surprise birthday party for me at midnight during a youth lock-in at church!
  • Worst- More ER trips and more pain with cysts
March
  • Best- My brother and dad got to come to Reno, Nevada while my mom and I were there at my Lyme doctor. We got to spend a weekend at Lake Tahoe with them.
  • Worst- Being is so much pain from an orange size cyst while getting treatments in Reno. I had to be on so much pain medicine that I was not myself. My mom and I flew to Reno on March 8th. We just bought one way tickets. I also had to go to the ER a few days after we got there.
April 
  • Best- My dad and brother surprised us and visited us again!
  • Worst- More pain and another ER trip. Still getting treatments in Reno
May
  • Best- Coming home from Reno on May 7th after being there for 2 long months
  • Worst- Being in the ICU for several days a couple weeks after being home from Reno because of a severe medicine interaction caused by the ER. I had gone to the ER 4 days in a row before being admitted to the ICU
June
  • Best- Finishing high school online, enrolling in college, and doing an article for the Oklahoma newspaper about Lyme
  • Worst- Struggling with symptoms because I had to be taken off all of my medicines while in ICU. 
July
  • Best- Landon being baptized and my graduation reception on the same day!
  • Worst- Lots of joint and body pain
August
  • Best- Starting college after being out of school for almost 3 years. Taking one class a day.
  • Worst- More ER trips because of another cyst
September
  • Best- Finally getting abdominal pain under control after another surgery
  • Worst- Another abdominal surgery (3rd in a year) on September 19th and trying to go to school while hurting so much
October 
  • Best- Spending time with friends
  • Worst- Still trying to recover from surgery and go back to school
November
  • Best- Getting to meet 2 new friends who also have Lyme
  • Worst- Getting the flu and having to go to the ER while my parents were out of the country. Missing 2 weeks of school because of the flu
December
  • Best- Finishing school for the semester
  • Worst- Getting sick with another virus for a couple of weeks, which I still have. Going to the ER last week.

I love this verse and it's perfect as the new year starts. 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." -Jeremiah 29:11-13

I pray that this year is the best one yet for all of us!

1 comment: