Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why are you here? Uhh I'm not sure.

Yesterday was the endocrinologist appointment. The doctor came in and asked me why I was there. My answer? "Uhh I'm not quite sure actually..."
At this point he didn't know that I have Lyme or that I have 10 doctors at this point in time which means I was told to be there by my parents and didn't even know what kind of doctor he was. So he looked at me very strangely trying to figure out why I didn't know why I was there.
After a year of silence my parents finally decided to jump in. Finally he understood why I had no clue as to why I was there. After he was caught up on my life, he explained some things about my thyroid and some other glands I think. (obviously I wasn't being the best patient since I was reading the posters while he and my parents chatted)
He wanted some tests (of course) and I needed to get a shot for the tests. He explained that they were injecting me with some medicine (wow really?! You can inject medicine? Who knew!?) and then do a blood test 30 minutes after the injection and 60 minutes after the injection. Of course our insurance does not cover me at this doctor's lab so we got to go to another lab at another place! It was like the amazing race. We HAD to rush across town and get the tests exactly at 30 and 60 minutes. So we got to the lab and they couldn't find my vein of course. He got the needle in and my vein rolled so he spent 5 minutes moving the needle around. 30 minutes later I got to have that joyous experience again!
They didn't say when we would get the results but they said they would call us. The doctor was very nice though. I just wasn't in the mood to try to understand everything so I pretended like I was listening.
I leave for Winterfest tomorrow!! It will be so great!
I hope you have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your honesty and humor Victoria! I'm thrilled you are able to go to Winterfest, I pray you have/had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete