Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm going home Saturday!

Wow! A lot has happened since my last update. First of all, May is Lyme Disease awareness month! I'll be writing more about that in the next few weeks.

My doctor thinks I have a stomach ulcer, so he put me on several medicines to help heal that. I take them before I eat, which helps me keep food down. Last week I was not keeping anything down. I'm doing better with that!

Thursday I had a very strong reaction to the push. We ended up calling my doctor at 3am because my parents were having to hold me down because I was shaking so much and in so much pain. I shook violently from 11pm-4am. My hair was a matted mess because of the shaking. It finally calmed down after several doses of medicine at 4am or so. My doctor called Friday to check on me since I didn't go to the clinic. We know that it(the push) definitely killed lots of bad things in me!

I was able to do some fun things with my family over the weekend!

I'm on a very strict diet because of the ulcer and intestinal problems. If anyone has any ideas for what I can eat, feel free to share. I've been eating a lot of chicken noodle soup, rice, jello, applesauce, bananas, and things like that. Of course I'm craving everything I can't have.

On Monday I had a reaction to something which caused me to be in lots of pain and I passed out several times. We rushed back to the clinic after we got to the apartment because I kept passing out. My doctor and a nurse stayed with us until 9pm. They gave me some medicine and watched me. They ended up giving me medicine to relax which left me almost knocked out, so I slept well that night.

Because of everything that's happened, my doctor says I need a break. He thinks I have a sensitivity to saline, which is in almost everything they use. That happens from getting it too much. It's happened before. That might be why everything aggravates my abdomen, causing more pain. If we keep aggravating my abdomen and intestines, they won't heal. All that to say, I'm coming home Saturday!!!!!!!!! I'm taking a break from the clinic to let everything start healing. We meet with my doctor one more time tomorrow before we go home.

I can't wait to get home! Thank you so much for everything you've done while I've been here. I've been here a little over 8 weeks, and it's been a long trip. I'm so thankful for my doctor and nurses here. We will stay in close contact with my doctor when we get home, and once my abdomen, intestines, and stomach heal, we will start on the treatments they send home with us.

My doctor and the staff here is amazing. I've never seen people so dedicated to helping patients. There have been many, many days when they've stayed late into the night with us at the clinic because I needed something. They also answer their phones at 3am if you need them! They give up a lot of Saturdays to be at the clinic to give us one more day of treatment. I'm so thankful for them. I so wish they were closer to our house and not across the country. But you do what you have to.

Please continue to pray for a safe trip home and continued healing. I've come a long way, and still have a ways to go. Thank you for the prayers!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay about getting to go home, that is so awesome!!! And I was just thinking what an awesome team of people you have looking after you, I am so grateful to them too for what they're doing for you!

    I'm still full of admiration for you - it's humbling to see how strong and how faithful you are. I think it would be easy for many people in your position to become really self-centred and to be always discouraged or feeling hopeless. I'd understand any of that but you never show signs of any of it and that is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete