Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Responses to the article, sinus infections, and allergic reactions

We are overwhelmed at the responses to the news article! It was in the paper Sunday and my parents said that tons of people at church came up to them and told them they already read the article. We've gotten emails and calls from people who think they or someone they know have Lyme and need help on where to go. It's amazing how the CDC says that there is not Lyme in Oklahoma, and yet we are getting calls and emails like crazy. We know of SO many people here who have Lyme, but have had to go out of state to get diagnosed and get treatment. Something needs to change. Doctors are just giving people "band aid" diagnoses, when they should be finding the underlying cause to the symptoms. They will give you a different medicine for every symptom and then tell you that you should be better. What happened to doctors wanting to help their patients?

For the doctors who actually do try and want to help I am so thankful. It's wonderful to be able to talk to others who have found a good doctor and be able to exchange information.

So thank you for all the encouraging comments about the article!

I did go to the doctor Friday and I have a sinus infection. I was put on a strong antibiotic. Sunday I woke up and one of my eyes was swollen and I just didn't feel good. We went to an after hours clinic to make sure everything was okay, and the doctor gave me steroids and a strong anti-inflammatory. Monday I woke up and my face, arms, and chest looked like I was sunburned. I thought that was weird but didn't think much more of it. Then I was in the shower and my throat started closing up. Thankfully that all passed soon. I went downstairs and took my antibiotic and other medicines just as my mom was getting home. I told her about what happened and she said I'm probably allergic to one of my medicines. Oh great, I just took all my medicines. She called the doctor and while we were waiting for them to call back, the reaction started again. My face got so red and hot and my throat was closing up. The doctor called in a medicine to the pharmacy and we rushed to get it. It didn't stop the reaction so we went to my primary care. They immediately took me back and gave me a steroid shot and a shot of Phenergan. It finally started helping and stopped the reaction. There are several things that I could have been allergic too. It could have been the antibiotic, steroid, or anti-inflammatory. We're thinking it was the antibiotic or anti-inflammatory. So for now I have to stay away from an anti-inflammatory. My doctor prescribed me a new antibiotic which I started yesterday.

I really haven't done anything in the past week because I haven't felt good. I'm just resting and trying to feel better! My infection just started on one side, but now it's in both. The new antibiotic is only 3 days, but hopefully it will work and get rid of the infection. It seems like everyone we know has a sinus infection.

Here is a song that I recently heard and loved it.

Always by Kristian Stanfill
"Troubles surround me, chaos abounding
My soul will rest in You
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
From You Lord, from You Lord

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always, always"


"I lift up my eyes to the mountains— 

   where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
   the Maker of heaven and earth.
 3 He will not let your foot slip—
   he who watches over you will not slumber;" Psalm 121:1-3

I hope you're having a great day!

2 comments:

  1. You're making a difference!

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^You really are!! What an incredible difference you're making to these people!!

    ReplyDelete