Thursday, June 23, 2011

Your questions answered!

I've had a few questions that I thought I would answer on here! If you have any more questions, please comment on here or email me and I will answer them!
  •  How are you doing, besides physically? -I'm doing good! I'm looking forward to college and getting to hopefully live a more "normal" life. I'm getting do more than I have in a several years. However, when I don't feel good, it seems to be a lot harder than before. As I have more good days where I'm feeling better and seeing some normalcy, it's so hard when reality hits and I'm sick again. This week I have not felt very well because I've had very little sleep, and a constant headache that won't go away despite several medicines. It's a reminder that I'm going to have to take things slower than my friends because I'm still very weak. So I am very thankful for the past few weeks that have been great, and am learning how to balance my health. My body just can't keep up with all that I want to do. It's harder than I thought.
  • How are you able to do everything that you have done the past couple of weeks (finish high school after not being in school for 2 and a half years, take the ACT, do a news interview about my journey with Lyme Disease, enroll in college, and get out of the house a lot more) when just several weeks ago you were in ICU and very, very sick. -That is a very good question! God has always given me the strength I need to fulfill His plan for my life. Once I got out of the hospital after the stay in ICU due to a severe medicine interaction, I started gaining my strength back and feeling better. I know the 2 months of treatment in Nevada this spring helped a lot, and once the whole ICU/hospital stay was over, I was able to see the effects of going to Nevada. 
  • When will the article about your story with Lyme Disease come out in the paper and be put on the Internet? - The story will be out this Sunday or Monday!! It will be put online at newsok.com with the video of my family and I talking about our journey. I will post on here as soon as it comes up to let you all know! 
  • Are you still doing the hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatment? - Currently no, but we hope to get me started doing that again. We had hoped to start it after we returned from the 2 months in Nevada, but then I ended up in the hospital and since then, we have to be very careful with what I do as far as medicines and treatments. We just got the all clear to start a few of my medicines back up slowly, so hopefully we will be able to start all my treatments again soon. We just have to be extra cautious because of the medicine interaction that landed me a fun stay in the ICU. 
  • What are your plans for the summer? - I'm planning on going to church camp for the last part of the week. It's in a couple of weeks from now. I would love the go the whole week, but I am still not up to doing that. I think just going for a couple of days will be the best thing. I am hoping that I can go on the mission trip with my youth group in late July. It's still hard to plan that far in advance.  The rest of the summer I am going to rest and hang out with my friends! I'm going to gain my strength back and get ready for college. 
  • How are you going to handle college after not being in school for so long? - I don't even know the answer to this one! I'm only taking 6 hours of classes a week, so I will have lots of time to rest. I will have to learn how to go to school and balance my health. Thankfully, my house is only 8 minutes away from Oklahoma Christian University, and right next door to our church! I know that I have so many people that God has placed in my life that will help me get through it, just like they have since I got sick. That includes all of you who support with prayers, comments, cards, and encouragement! So thank you!! 
  • Will you still use this blog while you're in college? - Of course I will!! This blog has been such a blessing to me, and I hope that it is a blessing to others. I will keep it updated with college things, life, and health updates. 
I am more than happy to answer any other questions about anything, so please don't hesitate to ask! 

Tomorrow I think I am going to see my primary care doctor. We think I have a sinus or ear infection or both so we need to see. I'm just not feeling good and have a constant headache that gets worse if I stand up or bend down. I'm praying that it's an easy fix and I'll be feeling better soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Do you know if the news video will be viewable from the UK? I know sometimes you only seem to be able to watch them from a particular country where it's broadcast. I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete