Sunday, October 9, 2011

Encouraging Songs

There are so many songs that are so encouraging to me. I love being able to worship God through music. These songs have brought me so much peace in the hospital or whenever I'm really sick. When I listen to these if I'm in the hospital, it reminds me what is important and that God is in control. It's very peaceful in the midst of the chaos. When I listen to these songs when I'm not in the hospital or really sick, it reminds me that God brought me through those hard times. It's so encouraging.

I thought that I would share some of the songs with you! On my ipod I have a playlist called "Encouraging". I love having all those songs in one playlist. 

I'll put the name of the song and then the artist after it. The ones that are bold are songs that are really encouraging me at the moment.

These are more upbeat songs. 
  • Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing-Jadon Lavik
  • Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me)-Casting Crowns
  • Courageous-Casting Crowns
  • I Will Sing of My Redeemer- Selah and Barlow Girl
  • Strong Enough to Save- Tenth Avenue North
  • All I Need-Bethany Dillon
These are some of my favorites. They are very powerful and really make me thing.

  • Allelujah- The Museum 
  • Carry Me- Audrey Assad
  • I Lift My Hands- Chris Tomlin
  • I Will Rise- Chris Tomlin
  • You are Good- Nicole Normand
  • You Love Me Anyway- Sidewalk Prophets
  • I'm Still Yours- Kutless
  • While I'm Waiting- John Waller
  • Before the Throne- not sure who it's by
  • He Is- Michael W. Smith
  • Lord, I Need You- Chris Tomlin
  • Praise You in This Storm- Casting Crowns
  • Your Hands- JJ Heller
  • Before the Morning- Josh Wilson
  • In Better Hands- Natalie Grant
  • In Christ Alone- Brian Littrell
  • Mighty to Save- Laura Story
  • Fall Apart- Josh Wilson
  • Healing Rain- Michael W. Smith
  • Healing is in Your Hands- Christy Nockels
  • Yours-Steven Curtis Chapman
I hope that these songs encourage you too! I would love to know some of your favorite songs. If you have some please comment on this post and list them there so that others can see them too! 

4 comments:

  1. I love love love the sound of an 'encouraging' playlist! At the moment when I'm in need of that, I just search the 'Christian' genre ones on my iPod and skip through a few, but having a separate list is a great idea.

    A few of mine:

    I Am - Jill Phillips
    Irene - TobyMac. And also Get Back Up.
    He Will Carry Me - Mark Schultz
    One Thing Remains - Jeremy Riddle
    You Never Let Go - Matt Redman

    ..and those are just the ones I actually have a copy of. I'm sure there are a load more worship songs but I can't think of specific ones off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Some of my favorites are:

    All the Broken Pieces - Matthew West
    Farther Along - Josh Garrels
    Long Way Home - Steven Curtis Chapman
    The Saints - Josh Wilson
    The Redeemer - Sanctus Real
    The Healing Has Begun - Matthew West
    Desert Song - Hillsong United
    Strong Enough - Matthew West
    Every Little Prison (Deliver Me) - Matt Maher

    Fun fact: I made an "Encouraging" playlist after I read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jadon Lavik's "Changing Happy" is very encouraging to me. Enjoyed sharing your blog, thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have a playlist called encouraging! So many songs double up with yours, it is pretty unbelievable but a few extra ones I have are:
    In You - MercyMe
    Rise Up - Phatfish
    You're Amazing - Vineyard
    There is a Day - Lou Fellingham
    On my way to you - MercyMe
    Our God Reigns - Delirious?
    Consider Christ - Emu Music
    Clinging to the Cross - Tim Hughes
    I can Only Imagine - MercyMe

    Oh and my Come Thou Font is Page CXVI's version :o)

    ReplyDelete