Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Major Auto-Hem Procedure and Pictures!

The auto-hem procedure took over 6 hours because of some complications. Well when they accessed my port, they had to use a 2 inch, thick needle so that the blood wouldn't clot during the procedure. He was a little nervous using my port because a clot would be horrible. Then they took out the blood and put it through the machines and UV light. We had a little trouble with getting the blood back in me, but it finally worked. Next they switched my IV to hydrogen peroxide. At first it was going so fast and I came so close to throwing up from the taste. It also makes you smell like rotten eggs. It's so gross. So they slowed it down. Ten minutes later I started having a reaction. I felt my heart rate go up really high. I started coughing and almost threw up. Then I almost passed out. People started standing over me and asking all these questions and ran to talk to the doctor. He stopped that IV and started me on a detox IV to flush it out. It took a long time for me to feel better. So everything took over 6 hours.

I'm supposed to do the auto-hem every other day. I'm not excited for that. Today my legs have hurt so bad. We think it's from the vitamin C IV because when you have vitamin C in that high of dose, it acts like an antibiotic which means it kills bacteria which causes a herx reaction. That's what the hydrogen peroxide does too.

They monitor my pulse closely all the time. This afternoon I started getting a cold or allergies so that's fun. Something else I noticed was that it looks like my port has moved over a little. We will show the doctor tomorrow and see what he says.

Here are pictures of different things!
People are asking me questions so if you have any questions about anything please ask and I will answer them on here!

The view out of our hotel window
Our room


Major auto-hem

there is so much on that cart!



Here is my blood. Notice how black it is. That is not good. It's supposed to be red ish. When they put ozone in it, it makes it turn the right color!

Just driving around




I hope you are having a great week!

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

1 comment:

  1. Victoria, we are always thinking of you. We hope everything goes well in Reno. You have an amazing faith. We will be praying for you to have strength through all of this.

    ReplyDelete