Monday, February 14, 2011

If You say go

A couple months ago, on this blog, she posted a verse and song that I love. It's kept me thinking ever since I read it.

Daniel 3 talks about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and King Nebuchadnezzar. The king is about to throw Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendego into a blazing furnace if they don't bow down to him. Everyone else is bowing down to him, but they won't because he is not God.

'Then the herald loudly proclaimed, “Nations and peoples of every language, this is what you are commanded to do: 5 As soon as you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, you must fall down and worship the image of gold that King Nebuchadnezzar has set up. 6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a blazing furnace.”'

The horn sounds, and they do not bow down. They are then taken before the king. This is their response.

'Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”'

How incredible! Even if God did not do what they asked, they would still praise Him and stay faithful to Him.

These are the lyrics to If You Say Go by Vineyard. They are so simple, and go along with the verses in Daniel 3.

"If You say go, we will go
If You say wait, we will wait
If You say step out on the water
And they say it can't be done
We'll fix our eyes on You and we will come

Your ways are higher than our ways
And the plans that You have laid
Are good and true
If You call us to the fire
You will not withdraw Your hand
We'll gaze into the flames and look for You"

And here are the lyrics to If You Want Me To by Ginny Owens.



"The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I dont know the reason why you brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I will go through the valley
If You want me to

CHORUS:
Now I'm not who I was
When I took my first step

And I'm clinging to the promise
You're not through with me yet

So if all of these trials bring me closer to You
I will go through the fire

If You want me to



It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my own

But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone



So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself

And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through

And I will go through the valley
If You want me to"



Tonight we are talking to my Lyme doctor in Nevada. We'll update him, and talk about when to go there and everything. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh sorry she is the author of the blog. I wasn't sure if the link to her blog showed up or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post what Lyme doctor thinks of the recent developments. Thanks Victoria. The McCook family is praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, oops, the link totally is there! I just read it like you meant this (your) blog and had looked for a link on 'she' instead. Woops, thanks for clearing that up! And thanks for your lovely (as always!) comment on my post! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete