Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend update and thoughts

On Friday I got to go to senior lunch! One of the youth ministers picked me up so that I could go. It was really great to see my friends and have normal, teenage conversations. Later that afternoon, my grandma and I went to Old Navy and got me some more sweats to take to Nevada whenever I go. We found great clothes, and I had a coupon that saved us 30 dollars! 

I was really worn out by then, but decided to go ahead and go somewhere else that night. My friend picked me up, and we went to Follies. Follies is the big talent show at my school. A lot of my friends were in it, so I'm glad I got to go. But, I really hate going to things at school now that I don't go there anymore. Growing up, I had always planned to be in all the musicals and shows in high school. I knew that was what I wanted to do. In middle school I was the lead in the musical "Oklahoma". I did community theater too. When I got sick, everything I wanted to do in high school fell apart. It's so hard going to watch the things that I've dreamed about being in with my friends. In the talent show every year there is a senior girls act. They dance and sing to a song. Lots of my friends were in that. I should have been in that. But I was in the audience, a stranger at my own school. I saw people who were in my classes the year I got sick. I got sick in the middle of the year, so I just disappeared from class. Answering all the questions as to what happened and why I'm not in school is hard. They are not easy conversations to have.

I don't remember the last time I drove...Because of the pain medicine I have to be on, I'm not allowed to drive. I so miss the freedom, but it hasn't been a big deal since I haven't felt like going very many places. But that's why I had to have people pick me up Friday for everything.

I started feeling sick during the show, but I managed to sit through it, and we left right after it was over. Yesterday I was so worn out and hurting. I couldn't do anything except lay on the couch. Today, I once again was not able to go to church. I don't feel good, so I've just been resting. 

Tomorrow night we talk to my Lyme doctor again. I wish we could wait to talk to him until after my appointment Tuesday with the gynecologist, but I'm sure he'll want to talk again soon. I'm praying we will actually have a plan of action on Tuesday and not just "wait and see" some more, because I am so tired of that. If we don't start doing something about this I'm likely to lose it. 

My 18th birthday is this coming Saturday!

This verse tells us to present our requests to God with thanksgiving. 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with  thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Today, I'm thankful for
  • Medicine that allows me to be more comfortable
  • Times with friends 
  • the 12 hours of sleep that I got last night
  • My birthday on Saturday! Can I make this a birthday week instead of just a day?
  • The beautiful weather we've had the past few days
  • Peach Iced Tea
  • My family
I will update in the next couple days with anything that I find out. 

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday week!!! I'm praying that you have a great week, get a good plan of action (not a wait and see), and have less pain. I am terribly sorry that you are missing out on so many fun things from high school. McCooks are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking the other day when you had the lead in the musical at your school. I don't know if you remember, but I made your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can TOTALLY have a birthday week!

    I'm sorry it was so hard being at school and everything. I'm glad you got to see it though, and spend some time with your friends, even if you couldn't be a part of the show.

    As always, I'm finding your attitude amazing & inspiring. I really look up to you.

    Take care x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're praying for you Victoria. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You saved $30! A girl after my own heart. :)

    I am always uplifted reading your blog. You are one of the strongest people I know. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!!! My son Ammon's birthday is on Sunday! What a happy weekend. Sorry the talent shoe was hard for you, but very understandable!

    Lots of prayers,
    Miracle Mason and Mommy

    ReplyDelete