Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Praise the King

My mom just accessed my port without a nurse helping! So I am done with home care nurses!! I have had a home nurse for the past 7 months. I love them, but I'm glad to be free from them! Today we are leaving my port accessed for a few days so that I don't have to have the needle put in every time I need to do an IV.
This week has been good so far! I went to a Bible study Monday night, and yesterday I got to get out of house after I finished some school work.
At the Bible study we were challenged to have conversations that achieve righteousness, love, and grace. We were also challenged to start sharing what God is specifically been doing in our lives. We are really blessed, but never really tell anyone what God is doing right now in our lives. These are a couple of verses from the Bible study.
"We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything."
2 Corinthians 6:3-10

"But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving"
2 Corinthians 8:7
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians 4:5-6
I have gotten a lot done this week! I actually get to go to church tonight!! I haven't been to Wednesday night church in FOUR WEEKS. I have missed it so much.
Praise the King by Cindy Morgan
"Praise Him in the morning
For tall and lofty trees
And praise Him in the evening
For children on their knees
Oh and praise Him in the noon day
For gentle birds that sing
Oh praise Him all ye people
Praise the King
And praise Him for a peaceful porch
And rocking chairs that sway
Praise Him for the rolling hills
Where children laugh and play
Oh and praise Him for the wandering soul
That never lost their way
Oh praise Him all ye people
Praise the King
Chorus:
Praise the King
Praise the King
Let it ring
Praise the King
Praise the King
Praise the King
Let it ring
Praise the King
And praise Him for the blood that fell
And bloomed a rose that day
And praise Him that He suffered through the guilt, the grief, the shame
Oh and praise Him that His tender love will still forgive today
Oh praise Him all ye people praise the King"

No comments:

Post a Comment