Monday, October 5, 2009

Surgery tomorrow

Tomorrow is surgery day. The PICC line is coming out and the port is going in! Check-in time at the hospital is 6am. The actual surgery starts at 8am. Since I had that big PICC line problem Saturday, we don't think they will be able to use the line during surgery. They thought that they could use it for IVs during surgery then take it out when I'm in recovery. But I think they will have to start an IV somewhere. That will work out well since I have horrible veins and I'm not allowed to eat or drink starting at midnight...so my veins will shrink even more from dehydration. Good luck nurses! I should use a sharpie and mark where my veins are for the nurses so that they might be easier to find.. I don't know when they'll take my PICC line out since they can't use it. I really hope I'm asleep when they take it out. It really freaks me out to think of them just pulling it out all the way from my chest! They say it doesn't hurt but still..it freaks me out.
These are comforting verses about God fighting for His children. God has everything already planned out for me. He knows about my worries even before they happen. He knows what's best for me and he is fighting for me.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28
'Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."'
Exodus 14:13a-14
"The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place."
Deuteronomy 1:30-31
"your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:16
"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:17
Let the Waters Rise by Mikeschair
Don’t know where to begin
It's like my worlds caving in
And I try but I can't control my fear
Where do I go from here

Sometimes it's so hard to pray
When You feel so far away
but I am willing to go where You want me to
God I Trust You

There's a raging sea
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees

So let the waters rise
If You want them to
I will follow You
I will follow You

I will swim in the deep
Cuz you’ll be next to me
You’re in the eye of the storm and the calm of the sea
Your never out of reach

God You know where I’ve been
And You were there with me then
You were faithful before You’ll be faithful again
I’m holding Your hand


There's a raging sea
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees

So let the waters rise
If You want them to
I will follow You
I will follow You

God Your love is enough
You will pull me through
I’m holding onto You
God Your love is enough
I will follow You
I will follow You

There's a raging sea
Right in front of me
Wants to pull me in
Bring me to my knees

So let the waters rise
If You want them to
I will follow You
I will follow You

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:3-6
Here's another one of my favorite pictures from Vienna!

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't hurt at all when they pull the picc ... When I say at all .. i mean AT ALL. I'm the biggest wuss and I felt nothing.

    I breathed in ... and while breathing out of my mouth he pulled and before I was done letting out my breath .. it was out.

    ReplyDelete