Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another ER trip...

Last week was a pretty good week. I went to visit church camp on Thursday! That was so much fun!! Saturday was a good but busy day. I went to a party for someone at church. We played lots of games outside and I did too much... I didn't sleep Saturday night so Sunday was a really hard day. I was in a lot of pain and was so exhausted. I did get to go to church so that was great! Yesterday I was able to rest so I was doing a little better.
Around midnight last night my PICC line started itching and hurting like crazy. I took some Benadryl and got to sleep at 1:30. I woke up at 2:30 because my PICC line was so much worse. It was an unbearable itch which made it hurt. I tried putting an ice pack and heating pack on it. Nothing was working. I went and got my dad at 4 and we decided to change the dressing. That seemed to make it worse. My mom got up and there was nothing else to do except to go to the hospital. We got to the hospital at 5:30 and my favorite nurses were there! The doctor gave me some steroids and something else instead of Benadryl. It seemed to help immediately. They sent me home at 6:30 this morning and I was able to go to bed. I just woke up and my nurse came to change my PICC dressing again. I started a 6 day steroid pack today so hopefully that will help.
Tomorrow I have an appointment at Children's Hospital with an infectious disease doctor. We're hoping that he will be willing to work with my doctor in Nevada. I will update tomorrow after my appointment. Thank you for all your prayers!


"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment