Friday, October 22, 2010

200th Post! and random things

This is my 200th post! Woohoo! Thank you for continuing to read and support me!!

This week has been good. Yesterday and Wednesday I got to spend the day with my friend while she gets treatment at the hospital. We've just watched tv and played words with friend. It's been fun!!

Tuesday I received a package from Vienna, Austria! We have friends that moved there and they sent me the sweetest thing. They made me a necklace with the Lyme disease awareness color, lime green. I cannot believe they made this! It is gorgeous!! I also got a card made by their sweet kids. They said that while they made the necklace, they prayed for me. How cool is that?! I love it!


Today it has been raining and storming. It has been so dark all day! My poor dog has been in the laundry room all day and won't come out. It's quite funny, I mean sad.

Have any of you watched the new series the Event? It's very difficult to explain, but part of it reminds us of what is happening with Lyme disease. In the show, this group of people has a disease that the CDC doesn't know how to treat. So what do they do? They lie to the public and don't acknowledge it. They try to hide it so that they don't have to deal with it. Well there are a couple of people who are trying to expose the truth to the public, but the government is trying to kill them so the truth doesn't get out! Kinda sounds like Lyme...doctors are having their licenses taken away if they treat Lyme. Lyme advocates are being threatened and being called liers. It's just very strange that this show is happening while the same type of thing is happening in real life. The show is very good though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment