Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Update- 6 Weeks Post Surgery and colon infection

I was supposed to go talk at the girls bonfire this weekend, but I was still too sick. I was very disappointed that I couldn't go. I had my talk all ready and then I didn't even get to go.


So on Saturday night we had a fire in our fire pit at our house and made smores! It was very chilly that night so the fire felt great.

On Sunday morning I got to go to worship! It was great! By that night I was exhausted.
Yesterday I had another appointment with the surgeon. It went well! He released me from his care so that was my last appointment with him. I know he said that recovery would be long, but I didn't know it would take 6 weeks. I finally stopped taking pain medicine last week. It's so nice not to feel so out of it. It's crazy how much Lyme can slow down recovery. Most people who have this surgery are back to normal in a week or two. It's hard for people to understand why it's taken me so much longer.
We are waiting for stool sample results to make sure it was a colon infection that I had last week. I'm mostly over it, still a little nauseous at times.
Last night my mom and I went to visit some friends in the hospital who just had a baby! It was so fun to go and hold him!
I'm hoping to start getting out more. I need to remember to take it slow so that I don't overdue it. I still get worn out easily.
I hope you have a great day!
"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment