A year ago on Wednesday I had surgery to have a port put in my chest. This port has been great! It's been through a lot in it's short life.
It's been through...
- a traumatic transplant into my body during surgery. It was not happy about that and boy did it let me know afterwords!
- weekly needle stabs right in the middle of it
- never ending blood draws from it
- too many IVs and different medicines to count going into it
It's gone places that some people never get to go to...
- Nevada- it got a needle stuck into it everyday for 2 weeks straight
- Brazil and Argentina!- it was just along for the ride!
- Florida- it got to go on vacation with us, but it got used for IV fluids several times
- And Tennessee, Texas, Arkansas, California
We've been through a lot together, my port and I. Even when I say goodbye to my port, I will always have a reminder of it. I will always have a beautiful scar.