Friday, October 15, 2010

Earthquakes and Miners Rescue

Tuesday night we were glued to the tv as they were preparing to rescue the miners in Chile. I can't imagine living down there for 69 days. I didn't want to go to bed because I wanted to see the miners being rescued.
As you watched the miners being rescued, the excitement never died down as they got closer to the last miners. Every single person was celebrated like they were the only one down there. That's how God feels about us. If we were the only person on earth, God would have still sent His son to die JUST for us. God does everything He can to reach us. It might take days, months, or even years for us to see the light, but He will meet us where we are and welcome us with open arms and a huge celebration.
Wednesday morning at 9:06, I awoke to our house shaking and swaying. It wasn't just a little earthquake. It was a 5.1 magnitude earthquake. I like in Oklahoma City and the earthquake was felt as far as Dallas, Texas and Kansas. I ran downstairs to find my mom and we were both freaked out. Let me tell you, it is not pleasant to be woken up by an earthquake. Buildings downtown were swaying and people didn't know what was happening because "we don't have earthquakes" here. Apparently we are the 3rd most active state for earthquakes. We just don't usually feel them. In some places the shaking and rumbling went on for 30 seconds. It was crazy!
Wednesday night we watched as they rescued the last miners...it was incredible!! Everyone I talked to couldn't stop watching the rescue. I wondered why that is and it's because we saw something good actually happening. If you go to a news page, most of it is bad news. But this was different! It was so encouraging to hear the miners say that God never left them. I will always remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment