Saturday, October 16, 2010

Yes, this IS how we spend our Friday Night!

Yesterday I got to go to senior lunch which was so great! Oklahoma Christian paid for it if you have applied there!!

Last night several friends came over!

Me, Katherine, and Rebecca
Landon, Me, Rebecca
We had taco soup and hamburgers for dinner. For dessert we had brownies and rice crispy treats. Katherine and Rebecca had to leave after dinner. Alex, Rachel, and I decided to do some science experiments...it was the best decision that we made all night! We mixed corn starch with water and food coloring and spent 2 or more hours playing with it. Please try this within the next week of your life. You will NOT be disappointed. We got my parents and brother addicted too. It was quite the party! The mixture is like liquid when you pick it up but it's hard!! It moves like liquid but it's not!!! Oh my it is so much fun.
Warning- your hands will be permanently stained with food coloring...we might have used way too much food coloring through out the 2 hours, making our hands a nasty color. That's ok, it will be a great conversation starter at church tomorrow!
Alex, Rachel, and I before we put in the food coloring
We made flubber! That's always been a big goal in life. That can be checked off of my bucket list.
I have no idea whose hands are whose.
We also did another cool thing with milk and food coloring and dish soap but I don't have pictures of that.
After we were done being scientists, we made popcorn and hot chocolate and watched Elf. Yes, I know it's a little early to watch Elf but it is the best movie!
I believe that we spent our time wisely last night! It was so much fun!!!!
Tonight my family and I get to go out to eat with some missionaries that are here from Brazil! They are one of the couples that we went to see in Niteroi, Brazil this summer. I'm pretty excited!
I hope you're having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds & looks like SO much fun!!!! I'm glad you had such a great night! xxx

    ReplyDelete