Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Psalm 23 and update

There is not much to report. Just the normal stuff. Over the weekend I starting eating more. That morphine really took me down. I started back on all my medicines and shots. I'm still doing IVs at home too. Yesterday I had a bad reaction to the medicines. It's good to have a reaction cause it means the medicines are working, but you have to make sure it doesn't get too bad. I had a horrible migraine and eye twitching that made the room shake. I've never had the eye twitching so that was weird! I have not been doing too much because I'm still weak. I've just been relaxing at home.

I did get to go to the Bible study this week! I love it so much!! We have done a few things since I have posted. One this is called examine. You think back on your day. You look back and see where God would push the pause button to tell you something. That is hard to think about actually. Then you think about how you handled different things through out your day. This is such a good exercise. You are supposed to write all the examine in your journal.

I don't remember what the one we did Monday is called. For that one, you read a scripture or scriptures at least 3 times out loud. You notice what phrase God wants you to focus on. After you have your phrase, that is what you repeat all day. It should be what you focus on all day long. On Monday, Phil read Psalm 23 to us.
After a while to reflect, we had a time of quietness where anyone could share the phrase that they felt God was showing them.

Every week we end with a prayer that is open to anyone. There is lots of silence during the prayer. But at any time, anyone can say anything to God. Usually it is a thanks, asking God to help them in specific areas in their life, or requests for others. Everyone that I talk to says this is one of their favorite parts of the Bible study. You get to hear what God is doing in people's lives. It's so honest. You get to hear what people specifically need to work on in their lives. A lot of people use scripture in their prayer. For example, like in Psalm 23 it says "He restores my soul". So during the prayer people would say "Lord please restore my soul".

I love that kind of prayer. It's so encouraging to be a part of that.

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD"
Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment