Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lake Tahoe in Pictures - Part 1

Yesterday afternoon, we drove an hour from Reno, to Lake Tahoe. We didn't go to the clinic yesterday (Friday) or today. It's nice to have a break. My doctor loaded me up on pain medicine so that this trip was possible. We ate lunch in North Tahoe before heading south.


The view from where we ate lunch

The blizzard started coming in right after lunch, and by the time we got to our hotel, this is what it looked like!

Our hotel



The blizzard right when we got here


Ice skating rink

They had to get the snow off of the skating rink so they had this cool machine!

We walked around some shops for a while, then went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. We were all exhausted after yesterday, so we came to our room and relaxed.

The heaters in our room are very loud, and I was hallucinating all night from the Morphine. Every time the heater came on, I was convinced there was an avalanche...I was terrified all night. Now, it is so funny to think about, but then it wasn't! I was so scared!!

I'll post more pictures very soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love that they can make provisions for you to still do this with your family! That's so great! Sorry about the hallucinations though - sounds horrible! Love love xxx

    ReplyDelete