Thursday, March 31, 2011

update - Thursday night

Today I got the Vitamin C IV and fluids with adrenal support. We had an appointment with my doctor today. Ever since I've been here, we've just been trying to figure the abdominal problem. We have ruled out any serious, life threatening things that would need immediate attention. Now, it is time to start killing Lyme, and any other things that are going on. We switched my pain medicine, so hopefully that will help to keep me more comfortable. The body can't heal when it's in so much pain. The time will come when I don't need pain medicine, but for now, I do. My mom and I have been really worried about me being on so much pain medicine for so long. We've been reassured that for right now it's okay. Not ideal at all of course, but they're watching it closely. It made us feel a lot better.

We are still going to do the rest of the MRI next week, because we still are worried, as are my doctors.

So today I got my first push of this trip. I got it at 3 and a few minutes later, the body pain down to my bones started. I had 3 blankets because I was so cold. Thankfully, I fell asleep for a few minutes. So far I've just had fever, body pain, migraine, and the abdominal pain has increased. I've twitched some, but not bad. Im also feeling very weak. But today wasn't too bad. We stayed at the clinic for a while, and then got to leave. Im still hurting and weak, but it's not terrible.

We found out my protein and iron are very low, so we need to get those levels up again. Im sure there's more that we found out at my appointment, but i can't remember it at the moment.

Thank you so much for praying for me today about the push! It was tolerable.

We'll see how tomorrow goes!

2 comments:

  1. I've been off the computer for a few days...I'm praying for you to be pain-free!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your first day wasn't as bad as it could have been! Praying for you so much throughout this. Keep being a fighter Victoria! xxx

    ReplyDelete