Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Update- Tuesday night

Monday we got to the clinic early because of my MRI. I got IV fluids and adrenal support, and then we went to my MRI. It was an "open" MRI, but I was so claustrophobic still. I calmed down enough to be still though. We only did half of the test because of my coughing. I'm sorry, but can YOU hold your breath for 23 seconds while coughing up your lungs, with being short of breath from the pain? Yeah, I couldn't do it. We will have to go back when I'm over the cough.

After the MRI, I went back to the clinic for a Vitamin C IV, and shots. We got home around 7 last night, and I went to bed very early. I also got lots of IV pain and nausea meds like usual. The doctor called in some stronger cough medicine, so that helped me rest a little more last night. I still woke up at 5am coughing and hurting, but I was only awake for a couple hours.

When I woke up today I felt worse. My cough was deeper and worse, and I was hurting more. We woke up early for my lymphatic therapy. We got through about half of it before I broke down crying, saying it was too much. I hurt all over and her massaging me and working lymph knots out of me just made me hurt more. I was so upset that I couldn't handle it. I was lying flat the whole time, which made my coughing worse. We quickly left and headed over to the clinic.

For some reason, they couldn't access my port. We tried FOUR times, each time with a different needle. None of them worked. So we tried my arms. Of course, my vein blew. So we finally got a vein on the sixth try! My poor arms and port look terrible.

They started IV fluids with adrenal support and some pain medicine. I got 2, 30 minute breathing treatments, which helped my coughing. I got another Vitamin C IV and more pain and nausea medicine.

We just got home and it's 9:15 pm. We left at 9 this morning, so it's been a long day. I'm going to try to post shorter, more frequent updates, since the days are a blur from all of the medicine. And, since you are so diligently praying for me, I want you to know how I'm doing. Thank you so much for praying.

A couple of us at the clinic were talking about the verses of Jeremiah 29:11-13

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"

Praise God that He has a plan for everything, and has more planned for us than we could ever imagine.

We have a better plan of what this week might look like, but I'll post that later. For now, I'm going to bed! Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Victoria you're so brave. I know I say it all the time but I'm reminded of it more and more each time I read your blog. You are incredible.

    Still praying x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria, you are much stronger than most people will ever have to try and be. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete